|Photographer||Scadin, R. Henry|
|Date of photo||1912|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|People||Scadin, R. Henry
Smith, J. Jay
Anderson, Alexander P.
Cleaveland, W. M. "Will"
Sullivan, William W. "Willie"
House, Arthur T.
|Title||Mill Creek Bridge looking south toward Satulah, 1912|
|Year Range from||1912|
|Year range to||1916|
Mill Creek Bridge looking south toward Satulah, 1912
Mill Creek Bridge and pond, built in 1886 over John Jay Smill's mill dam at north 4th Street. Satulah Mountain stands in the background. Will Cleaveland's planing mill and office and Alexander "Alex" P. Alexander's home (later William Sullivan's), which was completed in 1909, are on the left. On the right is the first Highlands School, built in 1878 by Arthur House and replaced in 1919 by the Town Clock School on the hill. Photo by Henry Scadin in 1912.