|Date of photo||1883|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Edwards, Minnie Zoellner
Norton, Martha "Mattie" Adams
Potts, Martha "Mattie" Ammons
|Title||Central House, 1883
Central House, 1883 Central House
Photographer John Bundy took this photo of Central House in 1883. One of Highlands' first boarding houses, it was built n 1878 and is now on the National Register. Owner Joseph Halleck replaced the wire fence in front with a picket fence in 1884. The building was owned by John Norton before it passed to David Norton in 1888, Rev. W. T. Potts in 1905, the Edwards family in 1913, and has been Madison's Restaurant of Old Edwards Inn and Spa since 2004.