Mill Creek Bridge looking south toward Satulah, 1912

Previous Next Bundy & Scadin Photographs Exhibit Page Home Search
Record 5/9
Mill Creek Bridge
Enlarge Image
Photographer Scadin, R. Henry
Collection Photography Collection
Date of photo 1912
Description Mill Creek Bridge and pond, built in 1886 over John Jay Smill's mill dam at north 4th Street. Satulah Mountain stands in the background. Will Cleaveland's planing mill and office and Alexander "Alex" P. Alexander's home (later William Sullivan's), which was completed in 1909, are on the left. On the right is the first Highlands School, built in 1878 by Arthur House and replaced in 1919 by the Town Clock School on the hill. Photo by Henry Scadin in 1912.
Object ID 2005.48.43
Object Name Print, Photographic
People Scadin, R. Henry
Smith, J. Jay
Anderson, Alexander P.
Cleaveland, W. M. "Will"
Sullivan, William W. "Willie"
House, Arthur T.
Title Mill Creek Bridge looking south toward Satulah, 1912
Year Range from 1912
Year range to 1916
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION ~ When using this image, the credit line should appear in the following format: Image courtesy of the Highlands Historical Society, Inc.