Central House, 1883 Central House

Previous Next Bundy & Scadin Photographs Exhibit Page Home Search
Record 2/9
Central House
Enlarge Image
Photographer Bundy, John
Collection Photography Collection
Date of photo 1883
Description Photographer John Bundy took this photo of Central House in 1883. One of Highlands' first boarding houses, it was built n 1878 and is now on the National Register. Owner Joseph Halleck replaced the wire fence in front with a picket fence in 1884. The building was owned by John Norton before it passed to David Norton in 1888, Rev. W. T. Potts in 1905, the Edwards family in 1913, and has been Madison's Restaurant of Old Edwards Inn and Spa since 2004.
Object ID 2005.48.80
Object Name Print, Photographic
People Bundy, John
Norton, John
Norton, David
Halleck, Joseph
Edwards, Grover
Edwards, Minnie Zoellner
Norton, Martha "Mattie" Adams
Potts, Martha "Mattie" Ammons
Edwards, Will
Subjects Photography
Title Central House, 1883
Central House
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION ~ When using this image, the credit line should appear in the following format: Image courtesy of the Highlands Historical Society, Inc.